Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Maintaning Hijab Hair

Now How many times has this happened to you? Tell the truth! haha I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've left my hijab on when it was just me and a few other girls all because my hair was in not so good condition. I also can't tell you how many times I've kept my hijab on when it was just me..alone..in a room... all by myself. Yes ladies, it's gotten that bad lol. I'm happy to say that there is a solution to this issue. As mahajabah's, sometimes we let ourselves go and we begin to carry the mindset that our hair doesn't need to be groomed because it's not visible. This negligence towards our hair will catch up to us one day, as we can't always have our hijabs on; it's not fair to ourselves.

Hijab Hair Tips:
Do Not put your hijab on when your hair is wet---your hair & your hijab will smell bad and your hair will frizz
  • Wear your hair up in a high, but loose bun to lift your roots and avoid flat hair
  •  Do Not tie your hair up with a tight hair band----tie your hair using a scrunchy or a loose band (never use elastic!), otherwise you will notice your hair falling out.

  • Wear a different hair style every once in a while. Instead of using a hair band, use bobby pins to tie your hair. 

  • Avoid straightening your hair or blow drying it
  •  Do Not wear a tight head band underneath your hijab---this can slow down the circulation in the scalp causing hair loss, dandruff, and oil production. 
  • Wear hijabs that are season appropriate. If your wearing heavy pashmina's during the summer, your scalp will sweat, which is not good. 
  • Massage your scalp everyday and leave your hair down the majority of the time your at home.
When at home, wear your hair in a high, but loose bun as stated in the hijab hair tips

2 comments:

  1. Great piece. Also shared here:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Butterfly2729/304312571263

    tc x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one but pls remove the cartoon. Its not right to encourage cartoons in any way according to islam

    ReplyDelete