Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Epiphany

Right now, I just came up with the most perfect way for me to spend my winter break. I decided that I will read! I really miss reading. Ever since college came along, I have not read one single book for fun.  I miss those days where I would spend hours at the library picking out books and reading them because I wanted to, not because I was getting a grade for it. Here's a list of some books I will inshAllah be reading this break!
~Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen 
~Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte
~Atonement – Ian McEwan
~The Autobiography of Malcolm X

~A Thousand Splendid Suns- Khaled Hosseini

~A Child Called "It"- David Pelzer

Beautiful photograph by Candice Lesage

"I find television to be very educating.  Every time somebody turns on the set, I go in the other room and read a book."  ~Groucho Marx

4 comments:

  1. that is such a nice idea, I really miss those days as well, I used to read and get cought up in my readings that my brother used to always get annoyed of me, and when ever someone says something to me I wouldn't hear him/her. But I think if you go back to reading you will not start reading the same kind of books, I think I want to start reading more of the Islamic books, that teach about the life of the prophet and all that you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree..i really wanna read "In the footsteps of the Prophet" pbuh

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah what a perfect way to spend winter break! all cozy, w/ a nice cup of hot chocolate and a good book and a blankie! i miss reading >_< oh and btw i loveee pride and prejudice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm borrowing your reading list!

    ReplyDelete