Alhamdulilah in 2010 I had many accomplishments, so here's a list of what I remember happened this year :)
- Declared my major (finally)---International Affairs & Women and Gender Studies
- Traveled to Sudan and survived a vacation without my grandfather (may he rest in peace) being there
- Had my one year anniversary with my hijab Alhamdulilah [November 23rd 2009]
- Renamed my blog from Peace of Mind to Beauty of Islam--best decision ever
- Gained a new set of brothers and sisters--they taught me what it means to truly love a group of people for the sake of Allah
- Witnessed my first conversion to Islam; Little did I know this convert would become one of my closest friends and a daily inspiration to me.
- Deleted all the music off of my ipod like I promised Allah---Alhamdulilah one month now
- Featured on Hijab Style :)
- Attended the Native Deen & Maher Zain Night of Inspiration concert with the best group of people
- Learned what it means to truly give up something for the sake of Allah
- Learned what it means to be a stranger
- Had a beautiful experience fasting part of Ramadan in Sudan---it's not as difficult as everyone makes it to be.
- Met a woman that taught me the real beauty of Islam and she touched my life, along with many others MashAllah
- Attended the Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C.
- Learned that people need to be loved most when they least deserve it
- Fell in love---with Islam
I hope to have more accomplishments in 2011. From this point on, only changes for the better InshAllah ❤