Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It's Called "Beauty of Islam" Darn it, Not "Beauty of Riham"

It's been awhile since I've posted something strictly related to Islamic studies and I apologize. I don't what it is, maybe I've lost track of the true meaning behind the title of the blog "Beauty of Islam". My goal for this blog is to just give my perspective on life through a Muslimah's eyes and I don't want you to think that this blog is just fashion and fun, otherwise known as purely worldly matter. There's more to me than my hijab style, because in the end a hijab is just a scarf on my head. What matters is the character and inner modesty that the hijab reflects.  I was talking to my friend on the phone last night explaining to her how I'm afraid this blog is going to turn into an "ego boost", that I don't need. Ego is one of the most hated character traits in Allah SWT's eyes and I don't ever want this blog to turn into something about me only. It's called "Beauty of Islam", not "Beauty of Riham", so in order to keep that in check InshAllah you will be seeing more Quran and hadith on my page, as well as hijab posts because I want this blog to be a good balance of the two, not one over taking the other. So, for my first "Islamic" post in a while, I want to share with you a quote and ayah from the quran that I discovered which is helping me deal with one minor issue I have today.

"You don't choose whom you love. He chooses them.
If you had that choice to choose;
then the road would be simple.
Whom he puts in your life, is part of your test:
to bear with them, to accept them
and most of all to love them despite all that they may agitate you with.
After all, they come from Him and they return to Him,
just like you did and will do.
"...And We have made some of you as a trial for other: will you have patience? And your Lord is Ever All-Seer" (Surah al-Furqan:20)

1 comment:

  1. Assalam Alaykum sister.
    Thank you for posting that verse from the Quran. It's a great reminder to us all.

    ReplyDelete